Do you have black hair and want to color them? If yes, please go through the guide on what color can I dye my black hair without bleaching!
The answer is Girls having black hair can color their hair without bleaching by preferring shades like light brown, blue, dark red, and purple. In addition, you can dye them with a purple or magenta hue. In the lighter colors category, you can have neon pink. You can achieve these desired shades without bleaching.
Moreover, you must use a 30-volume developer. It will modify and change your black hair pigments without the application of bleach. In the darker tone hues, you can go with options like red, violet, and green. The rest of the details are mentioned below:
Coloring black hair without bleaching- Top color picks
Most importantly, it is suggested to seek advice and healthy solution from professional hairstylists and colorists. You can set a meeting with a licensed cosmetologist and ask which color you should apply to your black hair. Strands having black pigments seem to be tougher and time taking to dye, but you can color them without using bleach.
- You can go with the shades like purple, blue, green, or reddish. Celebs like Jennifer Lopez have even backed this shade range.
- In the semi-permanent dye category, you can have Glossy Reds, Blues as well as Purple, and Greens.
- In the Temporary Dye Spray category, you can cover your black strands with colors like Neon Pink, Green or pick up the Brown, Red hue.
- Moreover, in the permanent dyes, girls can choose fire engine red shade, intense brown color, or dark and artsy violet hues.
Learn more about: Best Bleach for Asian Hair
Coloring black hair – Which is the possible bleach alternative?
Below you can see the details of bleach alternatives. Experts hailing from countries like the USA have pushed customers to embrace these alternatives:
Semi-Permanent Hair Dye
You can definitely color your black strands with semi-permanent dyes if you do not want to use bleach. Girls love to color their jet black strands with hues like Glossy Reds, Blues and even Purples, and Greens. Once the coloring process is done, your hair will get a real gloss and genuine shine.
In addition, you will get a bold look and strands will become light as well. Get a good-quality semi-permanent dye and follow the instructions written on the packaging. Just apply the color on dry strands, wait for a half-hour, and then you can wash it out.
Temporary Hair Dye Sprays
According to experts, Temporary Dye Sprays work perfectly on the black-colored strands. If you wish to color them without bleaching, you can prefer this option. Here you can choose and pick up the shades like Neon Pink, Green, Brown, and Red. These sprays are formulated in a way to protect your hair cuticles and do not inject any damage.
They are even available in colors like pastels, wearable browns as well as blondes. If your friend’s birthday is coming on 10-04-2022, and you want to get a bold look, then try coloring your strands with some exciting shade, and here you can use these dye sprays.
Temporary Coloring Waxes or Creams
Lots of girls have backed the use of these Temporary Coloring Waxes or Creams. If you think that bleach damage your hair a lot and you want to color your jet black strands, then try using these coloring waxes or creams. This one is a non-bleach option that you can go for! Just apply the cream on your strands and get the desired shade.
A bunch of girls uses permanent dyes for coloring their black strands without bleach. If you use these dyes, there is no need to bleach your strands. This process remains gentle on your hair and brings a substantial and noticeable change. While using these dyes, make sure that you mix them up with a developer. In this manner, the existing pigment will get removed and new pigment and tint will easily get deposited onto your cuticles.
How To Dye Black Hair Without Bleaching? (Complete Guide)
We have come up with a step-by-step guide and it will tell you how to color your black strands without bleaching them at all.
What do you need?
You need a color dye box of your choice. In addition, get a 30 volume developer, a plastic bowl for preparing a mixture, a hairbrush, and some clips.
Step by step guide
- The first step is to comb your strands. Make their sections and comb them properly. Hold those sections with the help of clips.
- Wear gloves and start preparing the mixture in the bowl.
- Release one section of your strands from the clip and start applying the dye.
- Make sure to start this procedure from the ends and then apply the dye to the roots.
- Evenly apply the dye on all sections and after that, cover your hair with a plastic cap.
- Leave it like this for 40 to 45 minutes and after that, rinse your hair.
- Wash them with color water and leave the conditioner for about 10 minutes.
You can learn more about: How to Bleach Bath Hair with Coconut Oil?
How to apply a coloring kit on black hair?
The process to apply a coloring kit on black strands is mentioned below; you can go through the details:
Items you need
You need a good-quality coloring kit, dye brush, and clips.
Step by step procedure
- The process is almost same; the only difference is that you have to apply the post-coloring product which comes along with the kit.
- Brush your strands, make sections and evenly apply the color.
- Start from the ends and finish the coloring process on the roots.
- Wait for 45 minutes and wash your hair then!
- Apply the post-coloring product too.
Important tips when coloring the black hair- Pre-coloring tips
If you wish to completely change the color, use special dyes in this regard. Moreover, prefer picking shades like red, deep red, or have a magenta or violet hue. Those girls who want to make their black strands less dramatic-looking can have choices like reddish, bluish hues or violet, or green colors.
Suppose, you have picked up the HiColor line by L’Oréal, in this category, you might have come across lots of shades that include red, violet, intense red, and magenta. Use a 30-volume developer because it will not go to damage your scalp.
You must not wash your strands at least 48 hours before the dye application. This practice will prevent irritating your scalp and your hair will remain protected too.
Learn more about: How to Bleach Bath Hair with Coconut Oil
Tips to take care of your black hair after coloring them- Post coloring tips
If you have dyed your strands, you must take care of them a lot. Dyed hair needs regular hydration, oiling, and Moisturization.
- To protect their structure, you have to deeply moisturize them once a week. Apply healthy masks and use oils like coconut or olive oil.
- Consume biotin! They are popular vitamins meant to strengthen and hydrate your scalp and cuticles. You can have these vitamins before or after the meal, the choice is up to you.
- You should not wash your colored strands with hot water. Instead, use cold water.
- Use shampoos that are paraben and sulfate-free.
- You should not wash your colored hair daily. If you do so, the color will fade out quickly and no shine and glow will be there.
- It is suggested to keep on re-touching up the color every 4 to 6
Now you know what color can I dye my black hair without bleaching! Reminding you again, you must choose intense colors for covering your jet black hair. Like, you can pick the shades, red, violet, magenta, bluish, reddish, or purplish, greenish hue.
If you do not want to apply bleach, then it is recommended to use semi-permanent dyes, temporary dyes or permanent dyes, coloring sprays or hair coloring creams and waxes. These are popular bleach-free options that you can go for. So, which color do you want to pick, do let us know!