Do you have this habit of scratching dandruff? If yes, please stop doing so! Here you can know the complete details regarding should you scratch dandruff before washing hair!
No, you should not scratch or rub dandruff before or during washing your hair. If you do so, your scalp will become weak and super damaging. Scrubbing and scratching increase irritation and even lead to a vicious and damaging cycle. Rubbing the scalp, again and again, introduces dirt and makes the dandruff problem worse.
Overall, you should not rub your scalp and instead get rid of the dandruff problem as soon as possible. Below we have mentioned the complete guide:
You can also learn: Best Clarifying Shampoo to Remove Toner
Which skin conditions lead to dandruff?
Undoubtedly, dandruff is one of the common problems which are faced by girls, especially in countries like Bangladesh. It is because of the dry scalp, Seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, scalp infection, or eczema that you can get targeted. Whenever you see that dry, patchy, and itchy skin has appeared on your scalp, it means that you have got a dandruff problem.
What happens when you scratch dandruff?
Before washing your hair, you should not rub your scalp. In doing so, you are making its skin redder, itchy, and rawer. In addition, scratching loosens the flakes. All general audience and even celebs like Anne Hathaway must know that scratching the head leads to a lot more hair problems.
- Scratching dandruff gives you an unhealthy scalp. It brings heavy and immense damage to your hair.
- If you are going to over scratch your head, this practice will lead to inflammation. It will make your skin super and highly tender. There is a chance that the skin will get wounds and scabs.
- It will make your hair condition worse and likely to bring problems of irritation as well as inflammation.
- In addition, rubbing will make the scalp distressed and it will react negatively to itchiness and soreness. You eventually get dry flakes of skin.
- Some girls have complained of getting painful, hurting, and itchy scalp.
- This practice causes sensitivity. At times, you get oily flakes of skin.
- Rubbing dandruff before washing your strands might introduce more bacteria and thus makes your scalp the hotbed of messy and nasty unhealthy stuff for your hair.
- If you are in the habit to scratch with force, your inflamed skin will become and turn out to be more irritated. The patches will become redder.
- Scratching the scalp gives rise to tiny lesions right there on your skin. You will always feel a bit of pain whenever water or shampoo runs through your strands.
Is it bad to scratch your scalp when you shampoo?
Yes, it is bad to scratch your scalp when you shampoo! Before, after, or during washing your hair, you should not rub dandruff. In doing so, you are only bringing further irritation, sensitivity, and inflammation problem,
To deal with this problem, it is recommended to use a good-quality anti-dandruff shampoo. Just slowly massage it and hopefully, you will not feel any temptation to scratch or rub it. Avoid using any random or low-quality shampoos.
How to get rid of dandruff?
If you have become the target of dandruff and want to deal with this problem as soon as possible, you can follow the below-mentioned tips:
Try out DIY Treatments
You can definitely go with the DIY treatments. Here lots of home remedies are there which make you a dandruff-free person and minimize the need of scratching the scalp. Among the popular hacks, you can use tea tree oil, coconut oil, lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar.
Eat nutritious stuff
If you will eat healthily, you can cure this problem in one go. Eat good and healthy food and make sure those eatables should have maximum Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and also Vitamin D, and Vitamin E in them. In addition, have meals that are packed with minerals. Eat fruits and vegetables which have omega-3 fatty acids and zinc. All of these vitamins and minerals will bring a healthy improvement to your scalp health and no dry flakes will come on your hair.
Opt for a good hair care routine
Opting for a good hair care routine will make you dandruff-free. If you take care of your strands, your scalp will remain nourished and no redness, sensitivity, or inflammation will be there. A good and expert-recommended hair care routine helps you get rid of an itchy scalp. And your chronic hair condition will get cured.
Opt for good hygiene
You should maintain good hygienic measures for getting rid of this hair problem. If your scalp and strands remain neat and clean, then no itchiness and the temptation or urge to rub it will be felt by you. Scalp which is not clean push the person to scratch it. That is why it is recommended to keep it neat and shampoo your hair regularly. You must not surround your hair with dirt and grease and keep them washed.
Do not take the stress
You should not take stress because this practice will deteriorate the health of your hair and scalp. Just keep yourself happy and relaxed. It is believed that stress worsens dandruff. If stress and tension can negatively impact your immune system, it can also bring destruction to your hair. Thus, try keeping your strands relaxed and hydrated.
Use high-end anti-dandruff shampoo
Lastly, you have to use and apply high-end anti-dandruff shampoo. Lots of shampoos have been launched by the hair industry which is specifically meant to heal this problem. If you have noticed on 15-03-2022 that lots of dry flakes have come on your strands and you are being targeted with this problem, then start using these shampoos.
Home remedies that stop the person from scratching dandruff
You can try out these natural remedies and say goodbye to this messy and fussy problem. If you think that none of the medicated solutions have worked, feel free to opt for the below-written and expert suggested solutions:
- Instead of scratching, it is recommended to use baking soda. This will for sure cure your problem. Rub the baking soda on your scalp gently and then take a shower.
- Moreover, you can use apple cider vinegar. You only have to mix 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar in some water and apply this mixture to your hair. Just apply it for one hour and you will see that your scalp will no longer look red and sensitive.
- Coconut oil does wonder for healing your problem. Take 3 to 5 teaspoons of this oil and rub it onto your strands. Let the oil remain there on your strands for 1 hour and then you can shampoo them.
- Moreover, we have a lemon juice hack that resists the person scratching her head. Take 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and make it apply to your scalp. Follow this hack every day!
- The application of aloe vera cures this problem as well! Rub it and then wash your strands.
- The last hack we have for you is the application of olive oil. Take 10 drops of it. Leave the oil like this overnight and then shampoo your hair in the morning.
That is all about the clear-cut answer on should you scratch dandruff before washing hair! It is a big no from our side! If you scratch or rub your dandruff-filled strands, it means that you are making them weak, red, and super sensitive. You have to resist the urge to rub or scratch it. Rubbing increases irritation and makes your hair and scalp unhealthy.
In addition, rubbing the scalp introduces dirt and grease into your cuticles and the problem becomes a lot more uncontrollable. You can consult a dermatologist that will tell you exactly how to get a healthy scalp and get rid of dandruff. Moreover, you must say goodbye to scraping and scratching your scalp. Use a dedicated and good-quality anti-dandruff shampoo and reduce the yeast which has attacked your hair. Stay tuned for more tips.