Choosing keratin treatment to get rid of the tangling, frizz, and dullness has become a common choice among most women nowadays. Because not everyone wants to spend a lot of time managing their hair. Keratin treatment helps you there to make your hair easily manageable. Impressed by these benefits, perhaps you’ve also got your hair keratin-treated.
Are you worried about what shampoos you should use after this treatment? You absolutely do because you don’t wanna destroy the keratin treatment you have spent a lot of money on. That’s also true that you need to switch your standard shampoo with a special shampoo right after keratin treatment if you want to increase the lifespan of this treatment.
Few things make these shampoos different from standard shampoos. You need to understand these minor yet efficient differences. Standard shampoos have harsh chemicals that may spoil your treatment but keratin-infused shampoos on the other hand are safe. But don’t be panic, no need to go to the mall and look for a suitable product from hundreds of products. We are here to help you in this situation.
Top 10 Best Sulfate Free Shampoo for Keratin Treated Hair
We have made a list of the Top 10 Best Sulfate Free Shampoo for Keratin Treated Hair that you can pick one from. All these shampoos meet the needs of keratin-treated hair and will provide you with the best shampooing results along with enhancing and increasing the lifespan of keratin treatment. Let’s have a look at them.
Healthier, softer, shiner, voluminous, detangled, and manageable hair is all you need. The reason this shampoo is ranking first in this list is that it gives all this stuff to your hair. This shampoo will not strip your hair. Hence it is safe for colored and keratin-treated hair because it will not take away the color or keratin treatment products from hair. It will shield and hydrate your treatment. The incredible result of this shampoo would convert your curly, dry, and dull hair into nourished, shining, and soft hair.
By protecting against fading, it will make hair stronger and more manageable to prevent breakage. This shampoo will also provide UV and heat protection. Get ready for many compliments on your healthier hair. This shampoo gives you a lot of benefits without sacrificing your hair health. The special vegan formula with no parabens, SLS, sodium chloride, phthalates, gluten, drying alcohols, or mineral oil added is natural and gentle on your hair. It is made in the USA. This product is never tested on animals and is cruelty-free. So without any shame of cruelty or fear of damage, you can use it as much as you want.
- Gives you healthier, glossy, shinning, lustrous, and detangled hair.
- Protection against dryness, tangling, dullness, and curls.
- Comes with orange and vanilla extracts to give a pleasant citrus scent and freshness.
- Safe for hair colors, extensions, or keratin-treated hair. It will boost the treatment.
- No damage to hair with 100% vegan formula and natural ingredients.
- No parabens, SLS, drying alcohols, gluten, mineral oil, or salt.
- Cruelty-free best drugstore sulfate free shampoo for keratin treated hair with no testing on animals.
Let me start by saying, I am a hairstylist and I am satisfied one hundred percent. I have been working in a salon for many years and natural products are my all-time favorite. I came across this product and thought I’d give it a try. The best part is it doesn’t have striping chemicals. I realized after single use that it’s a great shampoo. Makes hair healthier. Happy Customer!
Damila shampoo and conditioner are the best products for your hair that work in coordination. The shampoo is safe for colored hair and keratin treatments because it doesn’t strip your hair. It will not wash away the effects of the keratin complex. Rather it enhances the results of treatments and extends their life. This shampoo gently cleanses your hair to remove all the dirt and pollution from your hair that can cause damage, dandruff, greasy look, odor, or irritation.
The conditioner will recharge and boost up your hair keratin level. It restores the natural qualities of the hair and makes it healthier and softer. The conditioner delivers moisturization and hydration to nourish the hairs. Damila shampoo and conditioner are salt and sulfate-free which is the top plus point of this product. After using both of these products, your hair looks like you just stepped out of a world-class salon. I love and always recommend natural products.
This naturally formulated shampoo and conditioner contain 100% botanic ingredients. It is safe for your hair and brings your hair back to life with no side effects or complications.
- A safe shampoo for colored and keratin-treated hair with nonstriping formula.
- The shampoo cleanses the dirt and population without dulcifying the keratin complex.
- The conditioner boosts the keratin level of your hair up.
- This sulfate-free keratin shampoo delivers moisturization and hydrates the hair for soft and nourished locks.
- Containing biotic ingredients, both products are salt and sulfate-free which makes them hair friendly.
- Damila shampoo and conditioner make hair healthier and manageable after a professional salon visit.
It’s the best sulfate/salt-free shampoo ever. My hair is curly and I usually get Keratin straightening every three months. Damila shampoo makes my hair feel clean and also helps the keratin complex stay boosted. I also color my hair and it remains true due to this product. Recommend it highly!
It is a professional hair kit for extremely damaged and dull hair. This set includes one hair repair shampoo, a repair daily conditioner, and an argan oil deep conditioning hair mask. All the products are safe for keratin-treated or colored hair. This system is to repair and restore the natural strength of the hairs which are damaged by thermal heat and chemical products. It rapidly repairs and fixes split ends. The sulfate-free shampoo is made for gentle and nondamaging cleansing of polluted hair. Repair daily conditioner nourishes your hairs, moisturizes them, and detangles them to makes them manageable.
Hydrating argan oil mask contains essential botanic nutrients to help strengthen your hair. It increases hair growth and gives it elasticity to prevent breakage. The Arvazallia products are free of sulfate and other chemicals to give your hair a nondamaging treatment. They use natural and premium-grade ingredients. The overall set provides you with healthy, soft, lustrous, detangled, strong, and manageable hair when used in combination.
- 3 pieces professional hair set to treat and repair highly damaged, dry and dull hair.
- It is safe for keratin complex, colored hair, and extensions.
- The repair moisturizing keratin smooth shampoo washes out dirt and chemicals without causing dryness.
- The repair daily conditioner prevents dryness, dullness, and split ends by hydrating and nourishing hair.
- The deep conditioning mask infused with Argan oil gives a lasting boost to the shine, gloss, softness, and tone of your hair.
- All the products are sulfate-free and harsh chemicals-free.
I used this product for the first time and Wow! My hair has never looked this good and I am just amazed. With the rich texture, pleasant smell, and stunning results, everything is just great. Thank you so much! I will definitely buy this again in the future!
Luseta keratin shampoo and conditioner are infused with keratin protein and wheat protein. Keratin protein is the most essential component of hair while wheat is the secret to extreme hair strength and moisturization. It is specially formulated for keratin-treated and colored hair. The keratin and wheat proteins lock moisture into the hair shafts to make hair hydrated, soft, and healthy. These proteins will also refresh your keratin treatment or hair color.
The shampoo is made for oily and damaged hair. It prevents a greasy look by removing unnecessary oils from the scalp and locks. The conditioner prevents dryness by locking moisture and natural oils in the hair shafts. This product will give new energy to the hair that has been damaged by coloring, chemical processing, and heat styling. It is paraben and sulfate-free so you can use it on regular basis without damaging your hair.
- Featured ingredients are keratin protein and wheat protein.
- Especially formulated for keratin treated or colored hair to refresh the treatment.
- The best keratin shampoo prevents the greasy and oily texture of hair and regenerates the health of hairs.
- The conditioner locks moisture into hair shafts and protects natural oils in the scalp.
- New energy to the chemically damaged, heat-styled, and weak hair.
- Hair-friendly products with no damaging chemicals like sulfate, gluten, or paraben.
I only buy the high standard and quality products for my hair because it is on the dull side because of over-processing. Luseta keratin shampoo works well for me. My favorite thing is the smell. It’s pleasant but not overpowered. I’m pretty happy and I will recommend this amazing product.
Natural Argan oil plus keratin-infused shampoo and conditioner are made for maintaining the keratin-treated and colored hair. Argan oil is essentially beneficial for moisturizing the hair and gives it a glossy shine. The shampoo is made with hydrolyzed keratin collagen amino acids to strengthen hair and give a lasting shine.
The conditioner infused with Moroccan Argan oil deeply nourishes, hydrates hair, recovers split ends, and prevents breakage. It also prevents hair from damaging by thermal heat, direct UV rays, chemical treatments, and over-processing. The very natural ingredients and no harmful chemicals like parabens or sulfate formula make it a non-damaging and hair-friendly regular used product.
- Both shampoo and conditioner are infused with Moroccan Argan oil.
- Contains keratin protein collagen for maximum hair strength and lasting shine.
- The best sulfate-free shampoo for hair growth is formulated with hydrolyzed keratin collagen to give strength, softness, and elasticity to the hair.
- The conditioner with Moroccan Argan oil is made for nourishment, shine, and heat or chemical styling protection.
- Paraben, sulfate, and gluten-free formula are hair-friendly and safe for regular use.
- Excellently maintain treated hair with keratin straightening or coloring.
I love this system. I have very thick, over and over-processed hair. This shampoo and conditioner help detoxifying to indulge over-processing with any damage I may face. This brand is the best I found for my hair because it gives me frizzy hair that is partially dyed to cover grays. After spending so much money on other products hoping to get desired results, I’ve found my perfect fit.
Kerazon clarifying shampoo with Brazillian keratin treatment technology is suitable for all types of hair. This shampoo contains Buriti oil and hydrolyzed keratin protein for healthy natural hair. It refreshes and boosts up the health of hair by maintaining the pH. It deeply removes the dirt and impurities from the hair and scalp by its alkaline pH detoxifying formula.
This exclusive shampoo formula with natural ingredients and oils prevents dryness, dandruff, and roughness by hydrating and moisturizing hair as well as scalp. It nourishes the hair cuticles and scalp for lasting smoothness, alignment, and gloss. It is safe for keratin-treated and dyed hair. The hydration lock technology enhances the result of treatment and never causes dullness of treatment or coloring. The rapid action formula gives immediate results after wash. It is safe for regular and repeated use with its chemical-free and natural oils formula.
- Clarifying shampoo uses Brazillian keratin treatment technology.
- This best sulfate free shampoo for keratin and color treated hair suitable for all types of hair and keratin-treated or colored hair.
- Shampoo with Buriti oil and hydrolyzed proteins to refresh damaged hair.
- It locks moisture into hair shafts and scalp for lasting smoothness, shine, and detangling.
- It boosts up the results of treatment rather than causing dullness.
It is my second time ordering this product because it works amazingly nice on my hair. I have very thin curly hair and the keratin treatment smoothens my curls without damaging them. It is worth giving a try.
Keratin complex color care shampoo is a mild cleanser that washes out pollution and impurities from hair to stable it. It is formulated to give a lasting boost to the keratin treatment or coloring. It is safe for hair treated with keratin straightening or coloring. It detoxifies the hair and maintains stability in the hair. Keratin complex color care conditioner is a deep conditioner with a hydrating formula.
It locks moisture in the hair locks and provides you with long-lasting smoothness and detangling effect. It is a color enhancer and gives an extra gloss to colored hair. It would also maintain and refreshes your keratin-treated hair. The conditioner can also help to protect your hair from damage that is caused by heat styling and chemical processes. Keratin formula maintains the hairs which are physically and chemically damaged and weak.
- Keratin complex shampoo stable hair and removes impurities with its mild effect.
- Gives a lasting boost to keratin-treated and dyed hair.
- Safe for treated hair with keratin and color. It will not cause dullness to treatment.
- Keratin complex conditioner provides deep and lasting conditioning, smoothness, shine, and detangling.
- It maintains and refreshes keratin treatment and coloring results to make them boosted for a longer time.
- Protection against UV rays, thermal heat, chemical treatments, and over-processing.
My wife and I have been using this shampoo and condition set for a long time. This product is sulfate-free which makes it extra gentle on our hair. Our hair is not even colored, but we still love to use this product for this very reason. We do love this set. The bottles are quite large and last a long time. Good family product.
Healthy scalp, healthy hair! Head & Shoulders Royal Oils dandruff shampoo and conditioners are made with essential oils for scalp treatment and relaxation. Apple cider vinegar as a feature ingredient helps in refreshing and protecting hair. A pleasant coconut scent will refresh your brain and coconut extracts will give your hair an amazing silkiness. The moisture-boosting shampoo prevents scalp dryness and itch while hydrating the hair to look healthier and soft.
The scalp balancing conditioner with royal oils by Head & Shoulders helps to indulge moisture in the scalp and gives the scalp lasting dryness protection. Its moisture renewal formula penetrates and locks the moisture into the scalp to refresh and balance it. So after using these both products, you will get a long-lasting nourished, and protected scalp without any damage. Yes! You heard it right. This is a paraben and dye-free formula to avoid any compromise of damage to your hair. It will completely transform your hair within three weeks and you can use it regularly as much as you need.
- A healthy scalp has healthy hair. This good shampoo for keratin hair will target and treat your scalp.
- A key ingredient like apple cider vinegar for refreshment and stability.
- Coconut extracts for luxurious refreshing scent and silkiness.
- The shampoo prevents dryness of the scalp with its hydrating formula.
- Conditioner with scalp balancing royal oils gives the scalp lasting dryness protection along with softness and silkiness.
- Free from parabens and dyes for non-damaging hair treatment.
My curly hair loves this product so much. This purifies and moisturizes my hair and will not stripe it. Makes my hair healthy and manageable. Love it. My husband tried it out and he is now in love with it too. It’s become a staple in our household. Highly appreciated and recommended!
Bellisso keratin shampoo and conditioner with natural oils cover the hair locks to bring back the shine and gloss. These essential keratin proteins will volumize and strengthen your weak hair to prevent breakage. Do you want to get rid of frizz and flyaways? Obviously, everyone does and this product can help you there. It softens the curls leaving your hair smooth and silky without the frizz. Keratin-enriched shampoo with infused collagen will nourish and revives split ends. Added silk extracts improve hair shine and give luxurious gloss. This is a deep cleansing shampoo that removes the daily build-ups of dirt and impurities to purify hair.
Enhanced keratin conditioner with Moroccan Argan oil and Vitamin B5 protects, moisturizes, and strengthens your hair. After every single wash, this conditioner provides each strand of your hair with a lasting refreshment and protection. This keratin shampoo and conditioner set is paraben-free, gluten-free, cruelty-free, and hair and scalp friendly.
- Keratin enriched shampoo and conditioner to repair and restore damaged hair’s health.
- Leaves your hair frizz-free, silky, smooth, and nourished.
- The keratin-enriched shampoo nourishes split ends and adds silkiness to the locks.
- Keratin-enhanced conditioner gives strength to hair and hydrates the dry scalp.
- Super manageable hair and lasting protection against any type of damage.
- No animal testing and 100% cruelty-free products.
- Harmful chemicals-free, gluten-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free.
After just the first wash I am freaking impressed. My hair was super damaged because I bleached it twice and dyed it. Very happy that how it doesn’t cause fading of color. I am not believing how soft my hair feels after just one use, OMG! I will buy this product again! It’s worth my money.
L’Oréal Paris EverSleek Keratin Shampoo & Conditioner Kit is made for the treatment of chemically damaged and processed hair. Experience luxurious shine, volume, and alignment with fresh aromatic mind-blowing fragrance. Keratin shampoo with sunflower oil helps hair get rid of build-up impurities and gently repairs it. The conditioner provides your hair with silkiness and smoothness.
It makes hair manageable and volumized without weighing down your styling. EverSleek formula is specially formulated for your keratin or color-treated hair and doesn’t strip, dull, or damage the treatment. It enhances hairline color and boosts the keratin treatment. Both shampoo and conditioner are formulated with botanical ingredients. These naturally formulated products take care of the essential oils and proteins present in the hair and scalp. Both of the products are free of sulfate and no harsh salts are added to them. Use whenever you want without being worried about chemical damage.
- Keratin-infused shampoo and conditioner with sunflower oil for processed hair.
- l’oreal sulfate free shampoo for keratin treated hair gently cleanses the hair and won’t damage coloring or keratin treatment.
- The conditioner strengthens, volumizes, and detangles hair leaving it manageable.
- Safe for colored and keratin-treated hair to enhance the treatment results.
- Natural formula with botanical ingredients won’t cause damage or dullness.
- 100% sulfate-free, gluten-free, paraben-free, salts-free, and silicone-free.
- Supernatural health to the hair with a mind-blowing fresh fragrance.
I just got my hair Keratin treated last week and this shampoo and conditioner worked well for me. The shampoo does not damage the keratin treatment and gently washes hair. The conditioner works excellent! The locks and ends of my hair are so smooth as after a salon visit. I’m happy with this product.
What is a Keratin Treatment for Hair?
Haircare is an overall term for hygiene and cosmetology. There are many processes and treatments for hair to maintain it. One of them is keratin treatment. You have read through all the products above and now you may want to know about keratin treatment. Let me clear first that keratin treatment may vary from place to place. But if we talk about a traditional keratin treatment, it involves a cosmetic product applied for the straightening of the hair for several minutes.
Then the hair may get blow-dried or flat-ironed systematically. This treatment would remove frizz from your hair giving it the alignment, color, or shine depending on the product type and brand. Usually, all the keratin products are infused with keratin protein, a basic building block of which your hair is made. With the passage of time and continuous processing and chemical or heat exposure, your hair may lack this protein, becoming porous and weak.When an infused keratin product is applied to this damaged hair, the pores of the hair are locked with essential protein leaving the hair looking more thick, shiny, soft, aligned, and healthy.
Why Do You Need Special Shampoo for Keratin Treated Hair?
Just like salon color, the deposited products of keratin treatment would also be removed slowly every time you shampoo your hair. So first of all you need to shampoo your hair only when it’s necessary. And yes, the shampoo you use on keratin-treated hair should have some special qualities so you can minimize the loss of deposited product with every wash. It will help your keratin treatment stay boosted and last longer. You can pick a shampoo from the ones that are listed above.
Always try to choose a shampoo with a mild cleansing effect. The second most important thing you want to make sure of is that your shampoo is free of harmful chemicals like sulfate and sodium chloride. These chemicals sacrifice the health of your hair in exchange for a few days of good look. Choose a shampoo that is botanically formulated with natural ingredients and oils. These shampoos will nourish your hair without causing any dullness or damage to your keratin-treated hair. So having these qualities, the above-mentioned shampoos are worth your money and time in the long run.
Benefits of Shampoo with Keratin Treated Hair and How Does It Protect the Hair?
The benefits of shampoo for keratin treated hair may include moisturization, strength, and enhancement of the treatment. Now you may say that you can also get these benefits from regular shampoos. Why do we need a special shampoo for keratin treated hair? Well, the main difference between regular shampoo and special shampoo for keratin-treated hair is the source of these benefits like nutrients, hydration, and moisturization. The special shampoo for keratin-treated hair provides these benefits through natural and botanical ingredients whilst on the other hand, regular products use synthetic fillers and artificial chemicals for this purpose which can cause complications in the long run.
These special shampoos also offer you the prevention of hair weakness, breakage, dryness, and dullness of treatment. You get hair protection from heat, UV rays, chemical exposure, and pretty much everyday wear and tear. There are several added vitamins in these shampoos which may not be present in regular hair products. These sulfate-free and sodium chloride-free shampoos help your hair color or keratin treatment last longer. The natural and botanical formulas of these shampoos treat your hair without causing any side effects.
How to Use Keratin Treated Hair Shampoo
There is a different way to use every different product according to the manufacturers of these products. But the general method is the same for each product. Let’s see how you can use keratin-treated hair shampoo
- Start by saturating your hair with water. (lukewarm water is recommended.)
- Apply the keratin-treated hair shampoo thoroughly into your hair paying most of the attention to your scalp.
- Gently massage with circular finger motion until it lathers and then rinse it off.
- Use a conditioner (keratin-treated hair conditioner is recommended) and apply to the hair avoiding scalp and roots.
- Allow it to stay on your hair for few minutes and rinse it off with water.
- You can repeat the conditioner if it is necessary.
- Towel dry your hair with gentle patting.
- You can use this procedure as per requirement and your hair strength. (using every other day is recommended).
The Wrong Shampoos for Keratin Treated Hair
First of all, try to avoid any regular product just to save some money or effort. Any shampoo that has harmful chemicals in it like sulfate, sodium chloride, gluten, dyes, drying alcohol, or parabens, is unhealthy for your keratin-treated hair. These harsh chemicals can cause immediate wear off of your keratin treatment.
The second best piece of advice is making sure to use a hair mask or/and hair conditioner after shampooing your keratin-treated hair. It will nourish your hair and help to protect your hair treatment from heat exposure, UV rays, and chemical damage. It will also enhance and boost up the results of the treatment leaving your hair more shiny and healthy.
Shampoo Is Not All That You Need
You need to take special care of your keratin treatment otherwise it will peel off. You should start by choosing the right shampoo for your treated hair considering the above guidelines. But that’s not all that you need. There are some other things and measures to take care of:
- Correct use of shampoo.
- Condition hair after shampoo.
- Applying hair masks and finalizers.
- Using essential oils/sprays.
- Dry shampoo. (Best for cleansing between your hair washes)
- Keratin spray and oil. (Handy nourishing products)
Do I Need to use Keratin Shampoo?
No! You don’t need to only use keratin shampoo on your keratin-treated hair. But while selecting the shampoo for your hair, you need to be conscious. You should always prefer mild cleansing shampoos and ones with no harmful chemical init. Sulfate-free, sodium chloride-free, dyes-free, alcohol-free, and ones having essential proteins like keratin with natural oils and vitamins are the best shampoos ever.
The keratin shampoos are specially designed for keratin-treated hair to boost the keratin level into the hair cuticles. If you want to go with keratin shampoo, that’s the best option. Because keratin shampoo provides your hair with keratin protein and all the necessary nutrients that your hair is lacking.
But it’s not “go hard or go home!” You still have the choice to select some other shampoos which you think may be more beneficial for your hair.
Dos and Don’ts after Keratin Hair Treatment
Do’s after Keratin Hair Treatment
- After keratin treatment, you must not wash your hair for 3 whole days.
- After three days, continue your shower routine as usual and use keratin shampoo instead of a regular one.
- Add conditioner with the shampooing routine, sulfate-free keratin conditioner is recommended.
- After the shower, blow-dry the hair and don’t let it stay wet for too long.
- Use silk pillows while sleeping as they are not harsh to your hair.
- Wear a hat to protect hair from UV rays while in the sun.
- Use necessary hair products for detangling or protection of heat, UV rays, and humidity.
Dont’s after Keratin Hair Treatment
- Don’t dare to use cheap, sulfate-containing, and clarifying shampoos for keratin-treated hair, for they can dissolve keratin treatment.
- If you wash your hair every day, try to do so every other day. The more you wash your hair, the faster it washes away the treatment.
- Don’t change shampoos and conditioners every other day, instead, try to stick to just one good quality keratin-infused product.
- Don’t style your hair for at least 3 days after keratin treatment. It may spoil your hair post-treatment. Just wear your hair straight down for as many days as you can.
FAQS About Best Sulfate Free Shampoo for Keratin Treated Hair
Question: Which shampoo is best for keratin treated hair?
Answer: Any keratin-infused shampoo from the above list is good for it. But I’ve been personally using L’Oreal Paris for many years and I don’t think I’ll be changing it. It was my first keratin shampoo and I was afraid to try it. But this came out as my best decision ever because it seems like a shampoo stopped damaging my hair further.
Question: What ingredients to avoid in shampoo for keratin treated hair?
Answer: Many products use a mild detergent to lather the hair and making the market. These ingredients include SLS (Sodium Laureth Sulfate), Monoethanolamine, Diethanolamine, Triethanolamine, etc. Other harsh chemicals to avoid are gluten, sulfate, sodium chloride, any dyes, and parabens. These chemicals may dissolve keratin from the hair leaving hair lack in protein, porous, and weak.
Question: Is wow shampoo good for keratin treated hair?
Answer: Absolutely yes! Wow shampoo is sulfate-free, paraben-free, salts-free, plus it is infused with keratin protein. It provides hair with essential ingredients whilst locking the keratin into hair cuticles without causing any side effects to the keratin treatment. That is what makes it a good and safe choice for keratin-treated hair.
Question: Can I use dove shampoo after keratin treatment?
Answer: Dove, especially Dove intense hair repair is formulated with keratin actives. A keratin-infused shampoo is always a good option for keratin-treated hair. The Dove intense hair repair formula methodically repairs damaged hair cuticles by providing them with sufficient protein actives. The clear outcome is observed right after using dove shampoo that leaves hair manageable, detangled, and silkier.
Question: Is loreal sulfate free shampoo good for keratin treated hair?
Answer: Any sulfate-free shampoo is preferred over sulfate-containing shampoo for keratin-treated hair. L’Oreal sulfate-free shampoo, along with its this quality, also have other utmost benefits to the hair like keratin infusion and botanical essentials like sunflower oil, making it one of the best shampoos for keratin treated hair out there. I personally am using L’Oreal products and I’m very adherent to them.
Question: What does sulfate do to keratin treated hair?
Answer: Sulfate is a cleansing agent present in most cheap hair products. It can wash keratin infusion right out of your hair. It strips the hair making keratin treatment dull and so the lifespan of keratin treatment is shortened.
Question: How to stop hair fall after keratin treatment?
Answer: Your hair may become weaker after treatment. There are some important steps to immediately decrease the hair fall after treatment.
- Always wash your hair with a mild shampoo followed by a deep conditioner.
- Enrich your diet with more protein and essential vitamins like B5.
- Massage your scalp with a few pumps of essential oils for few minutes daily.
- Avoid messing with wet hair. Your hair is at the weakest stage while it is wet. Let it dry before brushing.
Question: How to maintain keratin treated hair?
Answer: Every good outcome needs some effort. Consider these tips to maintain and increase the lifespan of keratin treatment.
- As mentioned above, wet hair is at the weakest point. Try to keep your hair dry most of the time and don’t wash your hair for at least the first 3 days after treatment.
- Use hair products that are sulfate, SLS, and sodium chloride-free.
- Don’t wash your hair every day or at least not as often as you did earlier.
- Avoid styling for the first couple of days and keep your hair straight down for post keratin treatment.
- Change your pillowcase with silk or any other less harsh stuff.
- Don’t let sweat stay for too long onto your scalp. Use a blow dryer to dry it out when needed.
Question: Is keratin treatment chemical free?
Answer: Keratin is the natural protein and basic building block of which your hair is made. But that’s not all about keratin treatment, because there are many other ingredients in the keratin treatment products. There is a common chemical in them called formaldehyde which is argued as a carcinogen (cancer-causing substance). Some cheaper products may contain even the worst chemicals. However, cysteine smoothing treatment is not formaldehyde-based and contains herbal extracts. It is much safer for one’s use.
Question: Why should I use a special keratin shampoo after keratin hair treatment?
Answer: The keratin shampoo would keep up the keratin infusion into your hair cuticles helping keratin treatment last longer and enhanced. You should use special keratin shampoo after keratin hair treatment to maintain the treatment and avoid any possible damage to the hair.
Question: Why are sulfates (normal shampoos) not good for keratin treated hair?
Answer: Normal shampoos or any shampoo made with sulfate are dangerous for your keratin-treated hair. Sulfate is very rude towards keratin treatment as it may dissolve and strip the treatment leaving hair rough, dry, and weak. Even a small amount of sulfate can wash keratin right out of your hair. It shortens the life of keratin treatment thus must be avoided.
Question: Why do keratin shampoos not foam as much as regular shampoos?
Answer: Normal shampoos use harsh chemical agents like sulfate to lather hair and increase their market. Keratin shampoos don’t usually use such harmful chemicals. That’s why they don’t foam as much as low-quality shampoos. But moistening the hair well before shampooing and adding water during lathering may somehow increase the foam.
Question: Are dry shampoos safe to use for keratin treated hair?
Answer: Absolutely yes! You can use dry shampoo for keratin-treated hair between your regular washes. It is safer than standard shampooing because it cleanses hair while keeping it dry. The more you keep your hair dry, the longer the keratin treatment will stay. But the same principle applies here that you should make sure it is free from sulfate and other harsh chemicals.
Question: When to wash the hair after keratin treatment?
Answer: It is already mentioned above that you must avoid washing your hair for the first 3 days. Styling your hair is also prohibited for as many days as you can. Avoid any type of water contact for at least the first three days after treatment. If you can’t live without cleaning your hair, you can use a sulfate-free dry shampoo.
Question: How often should I wash my hair after keratin treatment?
Answer: To be honest, washing your hair daily is an unhealthy activity for your hair. Washing or shampooing your hair every day may lead to the dullness of keratin treatment and loss of natural oils present in the scalp.
Washing during the first three days is strictly prohibited. Then you can make a routine of washing your hair every other day. But some professionals also recommend keeping a gap of up to 3 days. You can use dry shampoos during these gaps. Keep in mind that the fewer you wash your hair, the longer the keratin treatment will stay boosted.
Question: What type of conditioner is good for keratin treated hair?
Answer: Same as the shampoo for keratin-treated hair, I recommend not using a regular conditioner. Instead, go with keratin, amino acids, and collagen-infused conditioners. Also never forget to choose one that is sulfate-free and contains botanical ingredients rather than harsh chemicals.
Question: How to find out if the shampoo contains hidden sulfates?
Answer: Both sulfate and SLS are equally dangerous for your hair. The high foaming/lathering shampoos are argued to contain these types of chemicals. If it produces a lot of foam and lathers hair easily, it may contain SLS or sulfate. Some shampoos might also contain sulfate in other forms such as Diethanolamine, Triethanolamine, Sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, and Disodium Laureth sulfosuccinate. You need to avoid these chemicals as well.
Everyone wants to take care of their expensive keratin treatment. The main concern is how you can make your keratin treatment stay boosted and longer. Of course, that requires making some efforts. You need to follow all the instructions and guidelines mentioned above to better take care of your treatment. You have to pick the right product and use it by the right method. Sulfate-free and keratin-infused shampoos are the best choice ever for keratin-treated hair.
The most unfortunate thing is that not all products labeled sulfate-free are actually sulfate-free. That’s why, after proper research and consulting professionals, we have gathered the top ten products in the above article which are actually sulfate-free. Now you can choose your favorite from these top ten that are actually free of sulfate. There’s no need to make compromises on your hair health anymore.
In order to help you in your efforts of maintaining keratin-treated hair, these shampoos are mentioned along with their pros, cons, and complete guide so you can easily pick one from this list. There’s no need to search for the best shampoo for your keratin-treated hair from hundreds of products available in the market. Save your time and quickly switch your shampoo with a special keratin shampoo for your keratin-treated hair. It will help better maintaining your keratin-treated hair and the effects of treatment will stay longer.